Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Counting my blessings daily

These past 2 weeks have been sad in my world on my SB mom and trach mom groups. There has been 3 losses of kids...1 with a trach and 2 with spina bifida. It reminds me quickly that even though I don't see the miracles I want with Autumn daily that each day I have with her really is a miracle. She's been through so much and I forget sometimes that we could of lost her during her 8 surgeries or during the dozens of times she has stopped breathing on us. For her to endure all she's been through and to be as healthy as she's been through it all is such a miracle in itself. God has had His hand in every moment in her life and He continues to keep blessing us everyday with her. I keep wanting the miracles of her to have no vent, no trach, or to be able to crawl, stand, walk and talk but really I will take the miracle God gives me each day that I get to see her smile everyday and hug and love on her. My heart aches for the families that do not get that privilage anymore but because of those families it shows me that they would give anything to be going through what I deal with each and everyday with drs., medications, treatments, therapies, and so on and I need to be more appreciative or what I do have and not what I do not have. These families have shown me strength and appreciation and they are in my prayers as they deal with their great loss but they now know they have little angels awaiting them in heaven.

1 comment:

matt said...

a good reminder - thank you