Wednesday, August 19, 2009

MRI

Okay, I am new to this MRI deal. I thought we would go in at 6:30am and she would be done by 8:30am and then home to sleep. Nope. We got there at 6:15am (I always arrive early) and no one was there. We waited until 7am and then I sent James to go searching around. Well, the sign they are SUPPOSE to leave posted on the desk was not and you have to check in at a different desk in the hospital and then go to radiology. So, instead of being first we were 3rd. So, we get called back and we had to change Autumn's trach because it has a metal coil in it (forgot about that). We got her trach changed and then signed all the paperwork for them to sedate her. I told the nurse that Autumn is a hard stick and they always get it in the left vein on her arm. Anyways, the MRI guy came in and said it will take about 45 mins to do the scan of the brain and an hour to do the scan of the spine. There goes my in and out plan. So, we left our daughter in the care of the hospital and went to Denney's for breakfast. I just wanted to eat in the hospital cafeteria so I would not be far but James said he'd rather leave and she would be fine. It felt weird loading up all her things without her. So, aroung 10:25am they called us back to recovery. Autumn was so upset and crying. They had stuck her for an IV 3 times and guess where the 3rd stick and IV was...in her left arm where I told them the first time. I guess they decided to try her right foot and hand before listening to mommy's advice. My poor baby girl. Anyways, Autumn needed suctioning and I had forgotten that we put a different trach in and still suctioned down to where I always do. Not good because that means I suctioned passed the end of the trach and so it made her bleed a little. :( Anyways, we changed her back to her normal trach before leaving. We finally got back around 11:30am and we are tired. I have had about 9 hours of sleep in 2 days...James is taking his turn right now and then after giving Autumn her meds, making sure she can hold down pedialyte and then feeding her, and giving her a bath and doing trach care I will try to take an afternoon nap as well. Not sure when we will hear the results from the MRI...I'll call the office next week to ask about it. So, 2 days down and one more to go. Tomorrow is her ENT appt. which should be nothing big.

No comments: