I have videos I want to post but when I download them onto my home computer I can not figure out where the heck they are to download them on my blogs...I usually use my laptop but waiting on a new battery so as soon as that comes in I will post some videos. I am so excited how Autumn has been progressing lately so I just had to share.
Autumn is learning how to sit up with pushing her hands to her knees or on the floor. She will last a few seconds before falling over. I am sad to say I did not know she could do this until my nurse showed me which made me feel like a daycare mom who misses out on so many things they wish they didn't but I am thankful she's being worked with during the day and learning new tricks for mommy. PT brought in a bench yesterday and we just sat her under the bench and then let her use her arms to steady her and she would sit for a while without falling over. She is still learning and trying to get strength enough to catch herself when she's falling. I wish you could see her face during PT sessions...she has pride beaming from ear to ear on what a big girl she is becoming. We are going to up her PT sessions starting next month and start working on getting Autumn in a standing position. I have to say I've noticed that her feeling seems to be getting a little lower under her knees than it was before so you never know what she's going to be capable once she gets more PT.
Today in speech Autumn was given the go ahead to try table foods since she has mastered all the 3rd stage baby foods without gagging anymore. I am afraid to give her some table foods because she still has no teeth but the ST gave me some suggestions on what to try. So, tonight I gave her a biscuit and some eggs. She was unsure of the biscuit at first and kind of gagged but she loved the eggs. After the eggs she tried the biscuit again and liked that as well. I then let her have a couple of like of my fudge pop. When I was just about done I gave her the stick to put in her mouth but she grabbed the stick with her hands so I took it away to clean her hands off and she threw her first temper tantrum of getting something taken away from her. Being that she has me wrapped around her finger I quickly gave the stick back and she grinned so happily at me. What a brat but she such a cute one. I am still having a hard time getting her interested in cups so I have a few more ideas to try that her ST suggested today. I want her to practice with a cup before we schedule another suck/swallow study so we can truly know if she is aspirating still or have the okay to drink whatever she wants without having to use her button anymore.
It's official that Autumn and Gage wear the same size shorts....12 months. I wrestled him down the other day and put one of Autumn's dresses on him to see if he could wear it and sure enough it fit but looked more like a shirt than a dress. He wouldn't dare let me take a picture....he's all boy now. Maybe knowing his sister is the same size will motivate him to eat more...we will see. Let's see...Autumn is also starting to mouth mama even though there is no sound to it and she makes noises with her spit in the back of her mouth. I figured out how to get her PMV (speaking valve) to fit on her vent circuit and tried it out for the first time today. She tolerated it for about 20 seconds before we had to take it off. It causes more pressure so some kids do not like it...we will have to be patient and just work with her a little at a time.
I think that is about all the new stuff this week and will follow up with pictures asap. Oh, I am in the planning mode of her first birthday so that is exciting...I wanted to have a big deal and invite EVERYONE but now it's going to be a smaller thing just for family and close friends because of lack of space but all my blog readers will get to see pictures and feel like you were there. ;) We are going to do the princess theme....all girly! Thanks for reading about my rollercoaster life and caring about our little inspiration.
1 comment:
How exciting! I can't wait to see the pictures!
Post a Comment