Saturday, September 5, 2009

ER visit

So, Autumn decided last night to spike a fever all of a sudden at 11:00pm of 104.8. She also threw up once and her heartrate was about 200 bpm. So, the nurse and I got her clothes off and started covering her body in wet rags and gave her tylenol. About 20 mins later it went down to 103.5. James came home to bring us Motrin and take off while we debated whether to take her to the ER or not. She was alert and the temp was going down so we were wondering if we should ride it out until the morning. Tried calling her dr. and he did not answer. Called the hospital and they said they were not busy and recommended we take her in. Scared my dr. was out of town we decided we would probably have to take her in anyways in the morning because she must have some type of an infection for it to spike so quickly and so high. So, James and our night nures loaded up and off they went. I stayed home with the other sleeping kids and to try and get some rest myself because I know today is going to be a long day. Around 2:00am James called and said it was a UTI and she has mild broncitis. So, they called her in a prescription, told us to give her pedialyte for dehydration, and breathing treatments. She was back home by 3:00am...I was so scared they would look at her trach/vent and want to immediately admit her if they did not find an infection right away. I gave James strict orders to fight for her and tell them to do as minimal as possible and to BRING HER HOME!!! I also said major prayers in case James did not listen to me...haha. They gave us the option of IV fluids and antibiotics or call in meds and pedialyte. She's such a hard stick we opted for the second option. Glad to see my girl home again and fever free the rest of the night. Hope today does well. We were suppose to have a few friends stop by who live out of town this weekend to visit but today the house in on lockdown for no visitors. I do not want her exposed while her immune system is down and to give the antibiotics a chance to kick in. Maybe Sunday we will be open...we'll see. So, please continue to pray she will get better.

3 comments:

Nic said...

Lacy,

I was just checking up on you guys this morning and saw this post. My heart sank and it's so hard when things just spring up like this. Alex has had this happen a few times and you dread a hospital stay or worse them not being able to find out what is causing the fever. I'm really glad to hear she is home and doing better. We'll say a prayer for Autumn (and your family).

jess said...

hey girl! i have kind of been neglecting blogger the last couple of days and when i saw this tonight i just kinda slumped. i am hoping and praying wellness for sweet autumn and that the antibiotics kick in quick!!! i am not in moms :( i work and so I am not able to make the meetings during the day, but i sure wish i could!! ttys! - jess :)

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

Praying you will be feeling better soon Autumn!