Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Feeling better
Autumn is starting to feel better now. She's still a little congested at times and the rain moving in does not help her...always get her allergies going. She's really trying to sit up more and tries to pull herself into a sitting position. It's going to feel so different when she can finally sit up straight by herself. It's weird because with most babies they change and learn new things instantly and with Autumn we get to see the slow progress she makes. We are so use to her just laying down in her bed so to actually start seeing her sitting up in her crib will be so different. Before bed I was what we call "burping" her...where we hook up her feeding extension to a syringe and let the air bubbles out of her tummy and then let the milk go back into her tummy. Well, she was laying on her side and next thing I know she's pushing herself up using her forearm trying to sit up. It's so great to see her doing things like that. She's back to pulling her vent tubings from her trach...it's so funny because when you come running to reconnect her she's smiling so proud of herself and waving the vent tubing in the air. I thinks it's time though she learns it's not a game for us. We always did the "no" or "stop" and sign it as well to her. We have even tried the ignoring but ofcourse even if you do not say anything to her she's still getting the attention of me running into the room. So, I have started the hand swat with a stern stop and we will see if that starts to help. So far she still just smiles....although if I walk into the room and see her pulling on the tubes and I yell no or stop to her she will immediately drop the tubing so she does understand it's a no no. It's also funny to watch big brother get onto her when she's pulling on her tubes. He yells, "Autumn Krystene...no ma'am" and runs over to her and removes her hands from the tubes. She enjoys this as well and gives him the biggest grin. Well, there's only 13 days left and my baby will be a year old. The first 4 months of her life seemed to take years but the last 8 months have flown by so quickly. I wanted to have a HUGE celebration and invite everyone to her birthday but then decided to make it a little more simple for me and just have a nice, relaxed party at Nana's house and invite family and a few close friends. I will however make sure to take LOTS of pictures and post for everyone to see. Maybe I will save the huge celebration for when the trach is gone forever...we've already decided that's the year we are going to DisneyWorld...oh and when the kids can have a dog again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awesome! I'm so glad she's feeling better. I can just imagine that grin when she's pulling at her tubing. She's a ham!
I am so glad to see your post tonight!! I was getting a little worried about sweet Autumn!! It is great to hear that she is doing better, and I am still giggling about her little stubborn side :) That is great!! Hope tomorrow is even better!- jess
Post a Comment