Saturday, September 19, 2009

Home again

Our trip home went well. I'm exhausted though and nurse free for 3 nights so I am going to be so ready for my nurses on Monday. ;) I've come to the conclusion that Autumn does much better in the Dallas humidity than the West Texas dryness. I guess I need to go get her an humidifier to use in her room at night and see if that helps. She hardly ever desats every time we are in Dallas but as soon as we get past Abilene the desats start coming again. Last night she had to be on a 28 breathrate and 1/2 liter of oxygen and today she's had extra secretions than normal and desatting ALL day. I guess this is just another reason why we should move away. There is also so many SB activities we could attend in the Dallas area as well which would be good for Autumn as she grows older.

Moving has been a heavy weight on my heart because I really do not want to leave my parents or nurses here. I do not want to go through the nurse search again and know I will need some type of help when we move. I think though this is something that needs to be done even though I go back and forth with the decision. I also know as Autumn gets older traveling will get harder on her and once she gets to school we can't keep having her miss weeks for dr. appts. So, I have decided to do some research and see what we need to do and where we want to move to. It looks as though Rowlett may the best option for us. Even though James does not want to do police work anymore he will have to to get us moved there and stable and then he can start searching for other types of jobs. We can go ahead and put our house for sale and then move in with my parents until the school year is up so the kids will not be pulled out in the middle of the year. After the new year, James can move to Rowlett and we can buy a house and get it all ready before me and the kids move there. Our family was apart for 5 months when Autumn was in the hospital so I know we can handle another 5 months. This will give me time to get nursing and a DME equipment in order and transfer her MDCP over. So, that is kind of out plan as of right now but we will see what actually happens...God shows us differently at times. ;) I've also been researching schools for the kids and in Garland ISD no matter where you live you can choose which school your child attends but you have to put in your choice by January for the next school year. I also hear they have really good special needs classes so that is another plus for Autumn. ;) We are continuing to pray about it all and see what happens.

Well, Madison stepped on a rusty nail this evening. She's my DRAMA queen so anytime she's injured it's like she lost a limb or something. I was on the phone in Autumn's room and Gage came in telling me sissy wants to show me something...so I told him hold on and a couple of mins later went into the living room and saw Madison sitting on the couch with a nail sticking out of her foot and crying a little. She didn't start crying really hard until she saw me and knew we would have to pull it out. So, after about 5 mins of her preparing herself..she finally let me pull it out while she screamed into a pillow. It was bleeding pretty good and so we got it cleaned up and then came the news that she will need a tetnus shot. Oh my goodness...you would think you just told her her favorite pet had died or something. She went on and on bawling and crying. We finally had to get stern with her to calm down and not make such a big deal about it. I took her to the ER and they said she could actually wait until Monday morning to get one so home we came. I guess that means that Monday morning I get to start my morning by re-living the drama all over again. I'm so thankful God did not choose for Madison to have SB because I'm not sure she could handle the calling as well as Autumn has.

2 comments:

Mikala said...

I think you should move to Dallas too! ;) I love the story about Madison. I'm sorry she stepped on the nail but I like that she's a drama queen. LOL I can't wait to hear all about Monday.

Anonymous said...

We are in the process of applying for Mesquite PD, they pay really good. My sister-in-law is a teacher in Garland and loves that school district. I will pray for you. I don't want to move either seeing as my parents are here but it will be best for us all.