Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Autumn!!!

Yes, the time has come that my baby turns ONE!!!


We have come a LONG way from this little 5lb,15oz.; 18 inch baby that spent the first 4 months enduring surgeries and living her life in the hospital to....


this HAPPY, 18lbs.6oz; 25 inch bright-eyed, inspirational little girl!!!
(I took her vent off just long enough to get a tube free picture)

I can not believe it was only a short year ago this time last year when we were anxiously waiting for Autumn's arrival. We were excited and fearful of what was to come. Things did not happen the way we expected or hoped for but looking at Autumn today I can truly say, "She's worth every minute of it"!!! We still have a long road ahead of us but this little girl has taught me so much in this past year that I never learned in my other 29 years of life and could only learn it from her. She's such a joy to know and just to think she MY daughter. (and James too)




Happy Birthday my beautiful Princess!!!


By the way, Autumn did not get her first tooth for her first birthday like I was wishing for...maybe though she will have a mouth full by her second??? lol

3 comments:

jess said...

So precious!!! What a great birthday picture!! Happy Birthday Autumn!!!

Mikala said...

Yea Autumn!!!!!

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

Happy birthday Autumn! She is getting so big!