This morning was Gage's first day of preschool and he was so excited to go. I had to give him the lecture to make sure he listens and does what his teacher says. I also bribed him that if he comes home with a "good day" red tag and collects 10 of them he will get a prize. In gymnastics his not a good listener and has WAY too much energy and can never sit still so going to preschool makes me nervous. This is one of the main reasons I held him back this year...he's just now learning the basics of listening and paying attention and not getting his way. The other main reason was because of his size and even still his 4 year old classmates are all taller than him.
Gage ran right into the school when we got there and was ready to give me kisses and run into his classroom. Of course I had to take pictures first and here is one of him and his teacher, Ms. Gwen.
He only goes for about 2.5 hours twice a week but it's a good start for him. He had a good day his teacher said and everytime she had to get onto him he quickly listened and obeyed. I was so proud. So, he got his first red ticket and now only 9 more to go!!
Autumn update: Autumn got her new formula in and is doing well on it so far. I think it may be filling her up more during the day though because her eating by mouth has gone down. I am going to keep track on just how much calories she's getting a day and then when we go to SB clinic in 2 weeks let the dietician check on if we can go down on tube feedings. We'll see. She's had a busy therapy week...4 sessions and is doing much better. We are still working on holding her head midline and strengthening her ab and back muscles to sit up better. She can sit well if leaning on her hands but still not strong enough to do it without the hand support. She's drooling a lot more so keeping my fingers crossed that she will get her first tooth before her birthday.
Other than those things not much more going on around here besides me dealing with all the medical programs and companies. It feels like a full time job trying to keep up with medical bills, phone calls to tons of people and trying to get everything figured out. I told James I wish we had enough money that we never had to deal with the government for help. I'm tired of dealing with Medicaid, SSI, WIC, MDCP, Insurance, etc. It's great to have the help but such a pain to constantly stay on top of it all. I just want to focus on Autumn and not have all the other stress of dealing with so many other people/programs. Those things wear me down so much quicker than anything else but it's what I have to do to make sure Autumn gets what she needs. Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend.
Autumn update: Autumn got her new formula in and is doing well on it so far. I think it may be filling her up more during the day though because her eating by mouth has gone down. I am going to keep track on just how much calories she's getting a day and then when we go to SB clinic in 2 weeks let the dietician check on if we can go down on tube feedings. We'll see. She's had a busy therapy week...4 sessions and is doing much better. We are still working on holding her head midline and strengthening her ab and back muscles to sit up better. She can sit well if leaning on her hands but still not strong enough to do it without the hand support. She's drooling a lot more so keeping my fingers crossed that she will get her first tooth before her birthday.
Other than those things not much more going on around here besides me dealing with all the medical programs and companies. It feels like a full time job trying to keep up with medical bills, phone calls to tons of people and trying to get everything figured out. I told James I wish we had enough money that we never had to deal with the government for help. I'm tired of dealing with Medicaid, SSI, WIC, MDCP, Insurance, etc. It's great to have the help but such a pain to constantly stay on top of it all. I just want to focus on Autumn and not have all the other stress of dealing with so many other people/programs. Those things wear me down so much quicker than anything else but it's what I have to do to make sure Autumn gets what she needs. Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend.
2 comments:
Gage looks so proud! I love the pictures. I'm glad Autumn is making progress. She's got her mommy's determination. I can only imagine how tough it is dealing with all the agencies but you're handling it with grace. I sure do admire you!
Yay for all the good news, and great pictures too! Hope to get to see yall and sweet Autumn on Sunday :)
Post a Comment