Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My day

7:30am-Got up
7:45-Took Madison to school
8:00-Gage up, breakfast, got ready, got Gage ready
8:30-Took Gage to school
8:45-Becky calls and Autumn is running fever...call dr.
9:15-Take Autumn to the dr.--she has an ear infection
10:00-Go to get paper notarized
10:30-Meet mom to pick up paperwork for CDS
11:00-Go to Staples and Petsmart
11:30-Pick up Gage from school
11:45-Ate lunch (forgot to feed Gage though..he's never hungry anyways)
12:00pm-Faxed all 24 sheets to CDS company...made copies of all documents
1:00-Picked up Autumn meds, went to post office to mail documents
2:30-Started laundry (James helped)...made phone calls to nursing agency, DME company, and Medicaid
3:15-Picked up Madison from school
3:30-More laundry and not sure what else I really did during this time..I guess wasted time
5:00-Made dinner
5:30-Ate (remembered to feed Gage this time)
6:00-Balanced checkbook, paid bills, got ALL the forms and checks filled out for Gage's school fundraiser, pictures, gymnastics, book club, Angel food ministry
8:00-Laundry and boiled water because Autumn is out of sterile water for her heater tonight.
8:30-Got Gage ready for bed
9:00-Tired so decided to update my blog instead of being productive
Still to come: dishes and bath...house cleaning will have to wait until tomorrow.

So, I thought once Gage started school I would get 3 mornings of getting my house all cleaned and organized but that has not happened yet. It seems there is always something to be done with Autumn's medical stuff or errands to run. Tomorrow will be a more calm day with me hopefully finishing laundry and cleaning my house and we just have speech therapy and jsut a couple of errands to run. Friday will be ANOTHER hectic day....James will have to take my car to get the oil changed...I have to go to Madison's school and do PTA stuff and Autumn has to get her flu shot and trying to pick up kids in between. This weekend will be spent packing for our Dallas trip next week...I'm trying to get so much done this week since I won't be around next week to do it.

All this to say that I am SO excited and blessed that my mom is officially now my employee and can help me out with so much around here and I can pay her and not feel guilty that she's doing it. ;) God always knows when I am getting overwhelmed and just can't ever catch up and sends me angels to help. He did this with my day nurse back in June and now with my mom. We also have a new night nurse starting on Friday as well just to fill in the days the regular night nurse can not work.

Be praying for Autumn...her ear infection did not seem too bad but she's been running non-stop fever since 2:00pm today and alternating Tylenol and Motrin just has not been able to get it completely gone...as of now she's at 100.0 so hopefully it will go away soon.

Good night to all and moms I just want to say whether you are a stay-at-home mom or work outside of the home mom....a married or single mom....a special needs mom or a mom to perfectly healthy kids....YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! My day is just a typical day of every mom out there and just remember you are doing God's work and you were made special.

4 comments:

Mikala said...

Your days are hectic but you handle it with grace!

jess said...

:) Hope Autumn gets right on over it!! The busy lives of Mommies :)

Niff and Andy said...

Call your DME company but I'm 99.99% sure you can use distilled water in the F&P. I know you can with the mist compressor.

Lacy said...

Thanks Niff...after 8 months of boiling water I'm about ready to jsut use distilled water.