This evening we took the kids to the Permian Basin Fair. I've always loved going to the fair and so I get excited every year to take the kids. We hesitate at times though about taking Autumn anywhere because of all the stares we get but I've learned if I just do not really look at people I won't notice them staring at us. So far though we've only had good comments from strangers so that helps. They are always able to look past her equipment and see what a BEAUTIFUL baby she is. Some people just want to touch and squeeze her chubby legs and some do ask us what's wrong with her which I would much rather people do then just stare. Here's a few photos to enjoy from our FUN FILLED night.
Madison, James, and Gage on the farris wheel...rides make me sick so I was more than happy to be the one sitting with Autumn while everyone else rode. I took Gage around to riding the kiddie rides while James and Madison took on the big, nauseating rides. She was feeling a little queasy afterwards but they had a blast riding together. Autumn got attention from the carnival game guys and one stopped us to ask what was wrong with her and then gave her a shrek doll and then another one stopped us and gave her a big care bear doll. It was so sweet of them and showed me that there are perks to having a trach and vent attached to you at times. ;)
I remember when Madison was this age and got to ride the ponies....maybe he will be our future jockey. He loved riding them. Autumn fell asleep so she missed all the animals. My favorite part of the fair is the petting zoo so I took Madison and Gage in. Gage LOVED all the animals and the overly aggressive goats did not bother him at all. Madison was scared of the goats..don't know whose kid she is? I took lots of pictures but did not feel like posting them all on the blog.


Madison wanted me to take a end of the day picture of them. Gage was not really mad...he just thinks it's funny to make faces in pictures...Autumn was interested is trying to sit all the way up..and Madison just looks so pretty. We had a great evening with no complaining...well, Gage did get mad once because he wanted to ride the farris wheel again towards the end and we said no...BUT other than that everyone stayed happy and we just had a great time.
2 comments:
how fun!!! we have never been to the fair but we may just have to try it out. i laughed at the part about people wanting to pick Autumn up and just squeeze her! that is soo mee :) i always just want to grab her up and love on her. she is sooo sweet!! hope you are having a great day lacy!
:) jess
I'm glad ya'll had a great time at the fair. I love the pictures!
Post a Comment