Friday, December 5, 2008

Going back down on this rollercoaster ride

Well, God is showing me that each and everyday I have to put my trust in Him to provide my needs. I always seem to doubt Him and then He proves me wrong and always provides. You would think I would learn by now and not get discouraged but I guess that is the human inside of me.

I decided to take on the home healthcare job myself today to get a head start on it. Well, I called 4 companies that was listed on my in-network list and only one actually had a working number. So, I ended up finding 3 companies that said they have nursing for pediatrics but was not able to talk to the person in charge of it at all 3 places so hope they will call me back next week. I am not even sure if 2 of the companies are in-network though. After calling them all, the case worker at Baylor came to see us and tell us the bad news. Our insurance apparently does not cover in home nursing (only 2 hours a day). So, not only now are we trying to search for in home nursing in our area we also have to fight with insurance to approve nursing. If they don't and we have to pay for it, it could cost about $2,800.00 a week just to pay a nurse to come in 8 hours everyday. We also found out that finding homecare equipment companies in our area may be a struggle also since most don't deal with ventilators. So, I am getting really doubtful that we will be home for Christmas but I am still going to have to trust in God to perform His miracles to get all of this in order for us in just 2 weeks. We also don't know the status of getting approved for disability so that we can get Medicaid to help pay for our nursing. So, we are at roadblocks right now but continue to train so when everything does get worked out we will be ready.

I did get to nurse today and Autumn nursed like a pro but not sure if she really got anything or not. :)

No comments: