Christmas Eve we all drove around looking at Christmas lights and then came home to open a present. Every year the kids get to open their Christmas pajamas and a small toy on Christmas Eve. Madison, Haley, and Chris then acted out the Christmas story with the little people nativity scene to remind the kids the true meaning of Christmas and then we sang a Christmas song together. We had a great Christmas day today. We woke up and watched the kids open their Christmas presents, had lunch, and then went to the hospital to see our little Autumn. The hospital had given Autumn 7 more presents to open so she got a little over spoiled and had no clue whatsoever. Gage's big present was Rock Band for the Wii and Madison got a real drum set. As I was listening to the kids bang on the drums I was thinking how much I must really love them to get them such LOUD toys. I told Madison though she is going to have rules on when she is allowed to play her drums and they will stay in the garage. It was a long day and I am exhausted.
We were blessed even more for Christmas. Our church sent us a gift card for $250 to Wal-Mart and a Sunday school class from First Baptist of Odessa sent us a gift card as well for $500 to Wal-Mart. So, we are set for formula and groceries for awhile. I think I may see about getting a deep freezer so I can just go to Sam's and get lots of groceries at once and not have to worry about trying to get to the store as often since it will be such an ordeal with Autumn. My dad's work all pitched in for Christmas and gave us $750 and we also got our yearly Christmas money from my MawMaw and PawPaw. So, once again God blessed us abundantly and we don't have to worry about bills for awhile. :) THANK YOU ALL!!!!
Tomorrow James' parents will be here to celebrate Christmas with us and to see Autumn again. They have not seen her since October so they are going to be shocked how much she has changed and how big she is now. :) Autumn will get a busy week of love from both sets of grandparents.
Gage and Madison have enjoyed seeing Autumn again and learning how they can help take care of her. They like to empty her water thing that is connected to her vent circuit. Madison also helped me give Autumn a bath and they both were able to feed her a bottle. Madison though is not doing her big sister duty of changing dirty diapers. I told her that there is no point of having a big sister if she won't change a dirty diaper for me. :) She said the next time it is a small one then she will try but she thinks it is just too gross. It is such a blessing though to sit and see all three of my kids in the same room together. I am so blessed to have the most beautiful children in the world (at least I think so) ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment