Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tuesday update

Just wanted to give a quick update today. Insurance has decided to give us 24 hours of nursing care for the first 2 weeks and then they will re-evaluate to see how many we need and may cut us back a few hours. It is fine with me because I really only want 24 hours for us to get started and then want to cut back anyways. So, they will be ordering our home equipment on Monday and we should get everything by the end of next week so I can do my last 24 hour room in. They are still searching for a nursing home that will let us stay the night so we can get on the disablitly program that will automatically give us Medicaid and that will take care of our nursing issues with insurance. They are doing more interviews this week for more nurses for us. So, it looks like that MAYBE the week of January 12-16th we could be coming home if everything goes smoothly and Autumn stays healthy. The light is getting closer. :)

2 comments:

HollyAnn said...

praying that comes through! I can't imagine how ready you are to get home!

Unknown said...

Lacy..there is a nursing home in Monahans that does the 24 hour stay.. they only make you come and stay from 10:00pm to midnight. I'll find out the name tomorrow and get it to you.We had to do that with Storie a few months ago!!!I'm so excited for you guys.The nursing company you have is the new one that Storie has just gotten on. They seem to be on top of everything!!!
Krista