I am so excited that I get to head home today but it will be a busy, quick trip and then back here for business. James will continue to work on his training while I am gone and then I can work on mine next week. Our care meeting went well. They still wonder why Autumn needs oxygen at night since she is on the vent she really should not be needing the oxygen at night. So, while we are waiting for insurance and nursing they are going to try to solve the problem so we will not have to have oxygen at night but not sure if they will be able to. Autumn is up to eating 3 bottles a day and doing great. I know I have posted in the past about what a good baby she is but it still amazes me how laid back she is. She only fusses when her pacifier falls out of her mouth or if she is getting hungry but it takes hardly nothing to soothe her. She is a very content baby and just lets you do whatever to her and she still LOVES her baths. :)
Anyways, back to the meeting. So, we are just waiting to find some nurses still. Again, if anyone wants to be our nurse you can just call Nurses Unlimited and tell them you are interested in signing on as a home nurse for Autumn Williams. We are still waiting to see how many hours our insurance will approve us for. I am thinking I can get by with 2 full time nurses-Mon-Fri (1) working 3pm-11pm and the other working 11pm-7am and then on the weekends have a part time nurse work Sat and Sun from 7pm-7am. But, if insurance will give us more then I am going to take it to make sure what I need before cutting back any hours. I'll probably get more of a clue when I do my rooming-in training at the hospital. James has to do a 24 hour period and I have to do two 24 hour periods. This is where we do EVERYTHING by ourselves for 24 hours and no help from nurses or each other. I know we are going to be exhausted when the day is done but now they will know if we are prepared as well as us knowing since we may not get nursing on some days. :) Well, I better go get ready to head home and see my kiddos.
I forgot to say thanks to mom, Sarah, Sue, Cindi, Jesse, Krista, and Madison for helping to organize and clean my house last Saturday. I appreciate you ladies SO much and I feel a lot less overwhelmed about all the things needing to get done before I come home. Love you all!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment