Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Home with the kids

(Picture was taken last summer). Today the kids and I had a pretty great day. We went to the duck pond early this morning to beat the heat. Gage fell in love with the goose but kept calling it a ghost. The kids fed the ducks and rode their bikes/scooter around the pond. We came home and Madison and I went swimming after lunch and then I was able to take a wonderful nap. Well, later in the day is when the kids started their fighting. Any little noise Madison would make made Gage angry. She though would not leave the room because she likes to aggravate her little brother which I thought the youngest usually aggravated the oldest but not with my kids. Anyways, finally one of Madison's friends came over to stay the night so she left her brother alone. The problem with both Gage and I home all day is that he has become addicted to playing the Wii or watching Noggin. James tried to move the Wii into another room but there just was not enough room for him to play in there so I moved it back into the living room and we only get Noggin on the living room TV. Well, he will not let me watch TV anymore. Even if he has played Wii games for hours and I make him get off--only about 20 minutes later he is trying to tell me that I have watched TV long enough and it is his turn again. It is a never ending debate we have daily. It is amazing though how good he is at guitar hero and bowling. Like father like son--they love their games! Tomorrow the kids will be staying the night with Nana so I can watch all the TV I want. :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

You have to take a picture of him playing guitar hero.........thats so funny :)

The Durham's said...

Your kids are precious! Praying your staying at home will be refreshing and rewarding:) Bless you!