Monday, August 25, 2008

Madison's first day of 4th grade

Here is a picture of my little diva and what she wore on her first day of 4th grade (but with leggings). Poor Madison has had to be on this emotional rollercoaster of not knowing what is going on from one day to the next. Up until Friday we did not even know if she would still be going to school here or in Mesquite. On Tuesday we prepared her to be leaving which made her upset but by Thursday she was completely ready to go to Mesquite after she found out some mean boys where going to be in her class here and she did not get her first choice teacher and a boy that has a crush on her was going to be in her class. So, on Friday I had to let her know that we would be staying here and she was starting school on Monday which REALLY upset her. Well, by this morning she was ready to start school. I wondered how her day went and when I picked her up and asked she said this was her best day of school EVER. She loves her teacher--the teacher let them pick whereever they want to sit so she sat by her friend Emily. The teacher also told the kids that she wants them to talk because she does not like a completely quiet room but just not to get loud. She also said the mean boys are much nicer this year. They also get a morning snack since lunch is so late--which Madison likes anything that involves food. I am really glad we are keeping her in one school and not having to move her back and forth. Math may be a struggle this year--they are already starting algebra so I am not going to be much help with homework. Gage and I had a great day as well. I ran errands this morning, cleaned my entire house, and took a nap. I love being back on the school schedule and having a normal routine again. I just hope my doctor appointment tomorrow goes well and does not change our plans.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yeah! So happy she had a good day :)