Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Today's doctor appointment

Well, our appointment at the doctor's kind of threw off all of my plans. The sonogram showed that her ventricles are still the same size so the hydrocephalus remains the same and not worse. Her head circumference and belly though are measuring 3-4 weeks small. This could mean that she is in distress. At first the doctor said he wanted to see me weekly to check the measurements and make sure they do not become more behind and that I may not make it until Sept. 16th to go to Dallas and may have to go sooner. Before we left though he wanted to monitor Autumn's heart. So, after being on the monitor for an hour the news was not so great. Her heartbeat is steady but it should go up and down with movement and stimulation which it was not. This is another sign that she may be stressed and may have to be delivered earlier than we were expecting. So, instead of wanting to see me again in a week he wants me to go back on Friday to have a kick count down and monitor her heart more. I am confused though because she moves ALL the time. This makes me think she does not have voluntary control of her leg movements and even though I feel her moving--her body is not reacting to her moving. This is just my opinion and nothing the doctor's have said. So, now I guess we are on a appointment by appointment schedule. I am not sure if I will go in on Friday and he decides she is too stressed and needs to be delivered the next week or if I will just be back in a week to do more monitoring. He did say to be prepared that we will be in Dallas sooner than the 16th. Ofcourse this throws off all my plans and I have to come up with a plan B. If we find out we will be having a premature baby then I may just go ahead and take Madison out of school here and enroll her in Mesquite because we will definitely be stuck in Dallas for 2 months with a preemie. I sometimes feel like God is just laughing at me when I organize and make my lists of what I am going to be doing everyday to prepare for the trip. He just probably shakes His head and says, "Lacy, stop trying to plan everything and just realize already that I am in control of it all and those schedules are going to be useless to you so just go with the flow." I though keep trying to make my plans and I don't get the hint.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Praying for you!

Patty said...

I'm praying and packing! Not sure how much or what to pack but it will work out! I have lots of quarters for the laundry machines and vending! Also packing the small flat screen TV so I can hook up the wii for the kids at the motel or McDonald House if we can get in. And of course my compact coffee pot! Gage wouldn't know what to think if Nanny didn't have coffee! Also bringing my 7" DVD player and the laptop so Madison and I can watch movies or play games. And pray, and pray, and pray! I can't wait to kiss my sweet Autumn Krystene. Hope it's not long after she is born before I can!
Nanny