Friday, August 8, 2008

It's official......

I'm a full-time stay at home mom again. YEA!!!! I told James though in two weeks when the kids are getting on my nerves to remind me how excited I was to not be working outside of the home anymore. At least there are only 2 more weeks before school starts so I will get to spend some quality time with the kids and then I will only have Gage at home during the day. He gets bored easily though so I am sure we will have to have "Nana days" to let him have a change every once in awhile. I stayed home with Gage for about a year at one point and I almost died of boredom but I figure now with an active 4 year old boy, Madison's school activities, and a special needs baby--I will find plenty to keep me busy this time. I feel really blessed to be able to be here more for them now. Madison wants me to never work again--last year I felt so bad because I did not eat lunch with her one time at school and every year before I at least ate lunch with her once a month. I know God has provided the way He has so that I can focus completely on raising my children because I know I will look back one day just wishing I had spent more time with them and less time working. Having a 9 year old has really shown me to take the time to enjoy them while they are young because they really do grow up in a blink of an eye. I also know that having Autumn in our lives would be WAY too stressful on me on trying to deal with dr. appointments, working, and trying to keep the house running smoothly. God was already preparing us for this when about 3 years ago we decided to get serious on getting debts paid off because that is how we are able to financially afford for me to stay home and focus completely on the kids and their needs. I shouldn't be surprised with what God does in our lives because I know of His mighty power but He still amazes me each and every day how he cares even for our littlest of needs. Thank you Lord for allowing me to be the mother you have called me to be--I am blessed!

No comments: