Monday, August 18, 2008
My sleep clock is all messed up
I have been staying up late since the Olympics has begun and now I can not get back to a normal sleep routine. I go to bed after midnight, sleep for a couple of hours, up for a couple of hours, and then sleep until about 8am and then nap for a couple of hours in the day. I guess I am getting prepared for when Autumn comes. :) Anyways, this evening I decided to research some more about clubbed foot since that is one problem we already know we will have to tackle. I have learned they cast the infants foot and the cast has to be changed weekly for about 6-8 weeks. Okay, how am I going to manage going to Dallas each week to get Autumn's foot recast? *sigh* James says it is just time to go ahead and move but there is no way we can right now since we need the insurance. I did send off a Medicaid application today for a secondary insurance but I think we make too much to qualify. Once we are done with the neurological surgeries then everything should be able to be done at Scottish Rite hospital which is all free services and then that will eliminate our immediate needs for insurance but no telling how long or how many neurological surgeries we will need. I still lay in bed at night not believing that I am actually going to have a special needs child. I mean there is no one in either family that has had to raise a child with special needs. I hate to say that everytime I saw someone with such a child I would always think "I am glad I do not have that responsibilty or I wonder how they manage doing it every day." Well, I guess it is time for me to find out how. God knows exactly what challenges to throw our way so that we will see His strength and power shine through. My prayer for tonight is that God continues to give me strength and peace and the confidence to be the mother of this special little girl. I have a fear that once she is born that EVERYTHING will hit me like a ton of bricks and I will just completely break down. I KNOW I am going to have to call on God's strength to get me through the first week after delivery to handle everything that will be going on and to fight off Satan's attacks to try to break me and allow me not to solely rely on God. Please continue to remember us in your prayers at that time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praying for you!!
Post a Comment