Friday, November 28, 2008
Friday update
Hope everyone reading this had a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. Our family was in 4 different places-Madison with her daddy, James at home alone, Gage at the my brother's with my parents, and Autumn and I in the hospital. Gage and my family came to bring me my thanksgiving dinner and it was wonderful. I was able to feed Autumn two bottles yesterday. She did great and did not desat at all so they wrote orders to feed her 2 a day. They said that she is going good for just getting a trach and willing to take something by mouth. They also moved her oxygen to 28% at night so she did not have any desats last night and she sits at 21% during the day and does fine. Now that I have spent 2 nights with Autumn I see that she is a wonderful baby. She only fusses during the day if she is wet or hungry and in between she just looks around or takes short cap naps. She is already sleeping ALL night long. She went to bed at 8pm last night and slept until 7:30am. Also, when she wakes up she does not even cry--she just lays there looking around. Even when I get up at night and change her diapers she sleeps through it all. I just hope she continues to be such a laid back and content baby. I am really bonding with her and falling head over heels in love with her. Well, a friend told me that her sister works at Baylor Childrens's and on our intake sheets there was a comment that we are a great family, eager to learn, and that they are going to get us home as soon as possible. I am glad they are warned that we are not staying long. HA! They are already allowing me to change trach ties without a nurse present and we are suctioning on our own, bathing, and moving her in and out of bed and now feeding her without help. YEA! Well, I am only able to update when the library is open here at the hospital and when my family comes to relieve me from the room so you may not hear from me the rest of the weekend. Have a blessed weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment