Saturday, November 22, 2008
New Room
We moved to our new room yesterday. It is so nice having a room to ourselves and getting to be more hands on with Autumn. The nurse and I gave Autumn a really good bath yesterday and she loved it. She relaxed through the whole thing but did not like when we changed her trach ties out. They even brought her a mobile and bouncer for her to sit in. We have not tested out the bouncer yet. The kids, daddy, and nana came to visit her and sissy was able to hold her. She may have an infection in her stoma (the opening of her neck). They did a culture and gave her an antibiotic mist through the trach because they saw some bacteria under the microscope and are waiting to see if there will be any growth on the culture. If so, then they will have to give her IV antibiotics. I was also able to dress Autumn yesterday and she looks so precious in her clothes. She still is able to wear newborn clothes even though she is already 2 months old today. I am not sure how long we will have to stay at Children's--they really will not be teaching us here but can show us how they do things and we can start doing them ourselves. I hope if they see she is doing fine that we can leave in a week to the Baylor House but we will have to see. I am determined to get home for Christmas--Autumn just has to cooperate. There are new pictures of Autumn with clothes-go look--www.autumn.haleydean.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment