Thursday, November 13, 2008
Surgery went well
Autumn's gastrostomy and tracheostomy surgery went really well. She did great through both of them and had no blood loss. They did give her a transfusion before the surgery though. Her breathing was fine all through surgery but when she got back to the room she was not breathing so they had to bag her until she started breathing again. She already was opening her eyes and looking around and breathing over the vent which she has never done before so quickly after surgery. It was so good to finally see her face without any tape on it. I am just feeling a little overwhelmed knowing that she will still be on the vent when we go home and so it will be the same as it is in the hospital but we will just be home. I just wish I could have a baby that does not have to be hooked up to anything 24/7. I'm sad knowing she is my last and I can't do the normal baby things with her and that I've never even seen her not hooked up to anything. I know I will get use to it once we get home and get into a routine but it is a lot to take it at this time. I don't think the trach will be too hard to take care of--I'm just nervous knowing the signs of when she needs to be suctioned and I know that will also come with time and experience. I am so ready though to finally get to know my daughter, she still feels like a stranger to me since we really have not seen her personality because of all the drugs she has been on and I have not had the chance to care of her like a mother so I am just so ready for that to happen. So, Tuesday they will change out her trach and take out the sutures and if all goes well we should be able to move to a different floor soon after that (hopefully by the end of next week). We will be at the new floor for 2 weeks and then either to the Baylor house or home if we feel like we are ready for it. Tomorrow they will start giving her pedialyte and if she takes that well through her G-button then they will start her back on feeds and once she gets back to full feeds her IV can come out. I can't believe we are making steps to hopefully be home for Christmas. YEA!!! Keep an eye out for new pictures coming soon at http://www.autumn.haleydean.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am praising God that Autumn's surgery went well today. We have been praying for her surgery specifically today.
It will be such a blessing for you to be able to be at home with her. I don't know much about trach tubes, but once you get the hang of the g-tube it will be so easy.
I remember feeling so scared when my daughter got her tube, and now, I am so thankful for the way that the Lord is healing her and all that is available today in the medical field. Mayra's g-tube is a blessing - without it she would be aspirating foods and fluids into her lungs continuously and eventually her lungs would fail. But by the grace of God, she has not had a lung infection in nearly 2 years. Praise God!
We will continue to pray for your precious family - especially Autumn! We are praying for Maggie too (any news on how she is doing?)
God will enable you to do all that He is calling you to do!!!
What a blessing that today's surgery went well!! I have been keeping up with your family and praying for you all. I can't wait to meet Autumn. Please know that you are in our prayers, and I think about you all the time. Your blog, your thoughts, and your faith are such a testimony to me...thank you for being open with us all and sharing your heart.
Lacy and James:
How wonderful that Autumn's surgery went so well today and that she seems to be recovering more quickly than her other surgeries!
I just learned of your precious daughter and her challenges yesterday through the prayer request I saw on Aggie's blog. I read everything you have written yesterday, and looked at the pictures and videos today. What a special responsibility and privilege God has chosen you for, to love and nurture this sweet little one.
I am inspired by the way God has been using your challenges to draw you closer to Him and to witness about His love and faithfulness to others. My friends, Jim and Shelley Colbert, have a 3 year old daughter, Abbey, who is fighting leukemia. (www.colbert-family.blogspot.com)
Between reading your family's story and seeing the Colberts' faith growing through these trials, I am just so utterly in AWE of our God and the many ways He designs to bring glory to Him and to get us telling others of His love!
Thank you for your willingness to be so open, genuine and vulnerable before all of us so that we, by witnessing your faith, may also grow to know, understand, and love HIM more! The Williams family is so very, very special.
I know it was not an accident that I came across your story and I will be supporting you in prayer and revoicing at seeing God's presence so much in your lives.
Love from your sister in Christ,
Bethany Myers
near Cleveland, Ohio
I am so happy the surgeries went well, Lacy...I know He answered lots of prayers yesterday!
I'm praying earnestly that y'all will all be together for Christ's Birthday...@ home.
Mark
So happy her surgery went well!!
Hang in there you guys!!!!!Always remember In Christ "the best is yet to come!!" Call me if you need anything or have any questions about the trach, or g-tube!!!
Belssings..
Krista
Post a Comment