So, James and I finally felt like parents to Autumn today. We were able to bathe her together and then change the trach ties all by ourselves (with the nurses watching). James even learned how to suction her today. So, we are all ready to go home now--HA! She did have an apnea spell while I was leaning her forward and James was tightening the trach ties but she was able to come up again all by herself. We are so proud of her. ;) The nurses commented on how calm we were. James was the one who actually saw that she was turning blue and desatting. What a great daddy! I guess we are use to how she does so it does not scare us.
Madison and Gage also got their flu shots today--they have this new thing they give to numb the site first and then give the shot so neither one of the kids felt the shot. They both cried a little before the shot with the scared anticipation and now Madison is crying because she is sore from the shot so we still are hearing the tears before and after-just not during. :) We had a good day of the whole family visiting Autumn and we all took turns holding her.
1 comment:
SO grateful that everything is going good.It's exciting to see that you are taking those steps towards coming home!!! I know you guys will be so awesome in her care. It's a different life but such a rewarding and blessed one!!!
Blessings,
Krista
Post a Comment