
So, I made it home tonight and getting ready for a busy weekend of house remodeling so we can get prepared for Autumn to come home. My first priority is finding homes for the animals. My cat is the one I am most worried about. She is so tempermental that I can't see her doing well at a shelter and I don't think no one would want to adopt her since she scream and hisses at strangers. Once she gets to know you though she really is a loving cat (she at least loves me and James). She hates small children though--she will come to Madison if she is sitting calmly but others times she does not like her. She really hates Gage and just sits in the hallway and if he tries to walk past her she will slap at his feet or hiss/scream at him. It does not help though that he throws objects at her-the feeling is mutual towards them. It just breaks my heart because I don't want to see her sitting in a cage at a shelter and I really don't want to take her to a shelter that will put her down if no one wants her. So, if there is anyone that thinks she would fit fine in your home and would like to take her please let me know.
llwilliams8@grandecom.net She likes our dogs but they have been around since she was 2 weeks old but I don't think she would like any other dogs but not sure. She has never even seen another cat so not sure how she would react to one. I really wish I could keep her and my dogs. Autumn does not even know how much I am willing to sacrifice for her health-she better appreciate this when she's older. ;) For 29 years now I have only lived about 6 months total without a 4 legged animal around so knowing this is my last week with my dogs and cat is really hard on me.
No new changes with Autumn except they were going to take her IV out today since she had no infection and they can stop the antibiotics. The doctor said now that they know she does that they will not order cultures and start antibiotics (isn't that what I already told them?) There will be a new doctor though next week that won't know and the circle of repeating procedures will probably continue. I only have about 2 more weeks though of ICU and then we can move to floor 7 for training. I am so ready to have a baby that I can dress and take care of myself.
Yesterday we met a 4 year old girl who has SB and a trach that she has been on since birth and has to be on a vent 24/7. It was very encouraging to meet her. She was playing and walking all over the place. The vent cord was about 6 feet long and she could even talk pretty well with the trach. I was able to see what was needed to transport the vent and suction equipment around. They had their nurse with them and she has one with her 16 hours a day. That was the only thing that I did not like--I really don't want a nurse around so much (just at night so I can sleep). I want to be able to take care of my daughter with the least help from nurses as possible. I say that now though and when she is actually home I will probably decide I do want a nurse 24/7. We'll see.
1 comment:
Hey Girl! I haven't had time to stop by in a while! I have to go back and read and cathc up! I don't think my home would be the place for your cat. :), but I will be praying the perfect home comes up! I am just crazy enough to think that God cares about even the smallest details like a home for a cat!
Post a Comment