Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday update

James came back in town today so now he has hospital duty and I get to come back to get a few things done (like updated my blog). Autumn will get to move to Baylor in the morning sometime so we are super excited about that. It is kind of sad to leave Children's after being there for 10 weeks and getting to know a lot of the staff and people there. They are also decorating for Christmas and it looks so beautiful there right now.

Autumn is still doing good. We have figured out the vent settings that she likes during the day and night so we are not having any more apnea episodes and rarely have desats. She has a horrible diaper rash again because she goes potty none stop and we have tried everything to try and get it better. She may not have too much control of her bowels and just goes poop all the time. Poor baby. Well, we also do not get to feed her with a bottle anymore. I discovered when I was feeding her on Saturday that the milk was coming out of her trach hole. That means she is not swallowing correctly and it is going down the wrong pipe. :) They said she would of been an exception if she was eating a bottle so soon because it takes most trach kids awhile to learn how to suck properly so we are not disappointed by it. It is much easier to just hook her feeds up and leave it alone. :) Well, I will be getting up early tomorrow to go the Children's and wait for them to transport Autumn to her new home--I will post tomorrow about how it all went.

Also, on Saturday, December 6th my mom will be looking for some help to get our house all nice and clean for Autumn's return home. So, if anyone wants to go over and pitch in then we would really appreciate the help. :) I think she will be there by 9:00am for anyone who wants to join in. I know it does not sound like a fun way to spend a Saturday so hopefully a lot of people will show up and it will get done quickly. I hate asking for the help but since I won't be able to get there to do it myself before Autumn comes home I don't mind asking help so my mom will not be doing it all by herself. She has done WAY too much already and I can't wait to get home to give her a break. :)

No comments: