Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday morning

Autumn had a great day yesterday. I think this trach surgery has really helped her with her breathing. While we were there she only desatted twice into the 80's but that was because she needed to be suctioned. She also does not desat when they suction her which is new for her. The RT said her setting look great for just getting out of surgery and having a trach put in. Everyone sees how much better she is looking. Yesterday she was pretty alert all afternoon and we found a pacifier that she can actually keep in her mouth for a little while before it pops out. She looks so much more like a normal little baby and it is killing me that I can not hold her right now. They started her feeds back yesterday and decreased her pain meds. We are aiming to have her on full feeds and no pain meds by the end of Monday. YEA! Tuesday they will change her trach and take out the sutures from the trach and G-button. Hopefully we can then figure out which vent to put her on and what settings so we can move to another floor by the end of the week. When we get moved someone with have to be with her 24/7 so I may not be able to post much but will keep everyone updated when I get a chance. Today I am going to put a hat on her and next week I will finally put her first outfit on her. It is getting really exciting that we will be home by Christmas (if no set backs). Thanks for all the continued prayers.

I also want to say a BIG thanks to my dad, Luke, Bill, and my uncle Dwayne. They sacrificed their time yesterday to come over and work on getting my hardwood floors put in. We appreciate it so much guys! Thanks to Tanya as well for providing their lunch. God has blessed us with the greatest people in our lives.

No comments: