Tuesday, October 20, 2009

2nd try

Today I gave Autumn a second try off the vent. She went 29 mins without desatting!!! Her heartrate did go up to 190 so I put her back on...I was going to anyways at 30 mins. The heartrate going up just means she was working a little too hard. She was also playing in her entertainer again and that wears her out anyways. I'm so proud of her! So, I will try again every other day and then see what the drs. say when we go to vent clinic on Tuesday. They will either be mad at me or really impressed. ;) They know how I am though and that I don't always follow the rules and make my own decisions at times when it comes to Autumn. They've liked that in the past so we'll see if they are still okay with it. They know I know Autumn better than anyone else and trust me with decisions I make about her. I've learned being a special needs parent means to not ALWAYS trust the drs. and to stand up for what you believe in with your child's care.

Autumn has started doing the cutest thing...she blinks her right eye. It looks so cute but she does not like doing it on command so I can't get a picture of it. She also pops her lips to make noise and communicate to us. The BIGGEST news is that Autumn is FINALLY getting her first tooth. It took 13 months but it is finally barely poking through. I LOVE her gummy smile so I will really miss it.

3 comments:

Mikala said...

I am so excited for Autumn and all the things she has accomplished recently!

Niff and Andy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Niff and Andy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.