Friday, October 9, 2009
Surgery #8 to come
Well, it's been decided that Autumn will need eye surgery to correct the crossing and turning in. They will clip the eye muscle and re-attach it so the eyes will look forward. She has great vision in both eyes but she only uses one eye at a time while the other one turns inward...the right one turns in slightly more. Not sure if one surgery will do the job or if she will need more down the road. It is usually a day surgery but with her having the trach and vent they may have her stay overnight because of the anesthesia. So, hopefully they can get her in for her pre-op appt. while we are there towards the end of October and then we are looking at having the surgery in November sometime. I was hopeing we would not have anymore Dallas trips after October for the rest of the year but that won't be the case. I'm bummed she will have to be put under again and go through another surgery but it will help her vision in the long run and the early we do it the better. I will update more when I know the actual date.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment