Thursday, October 22, 2009

Taking a break

I've decided to take a break from facebook and blogging for awhile. I will post major things like dr. appointments and surgeries but not everyday life right now. Honestly, I'm tired of negative comments and opinions from people who do not even know me or people who think they know me and don't. I have a sharp tongue that I can not tame right now so I am taking a break to work on that spiritual growth in my life. I want to be able to be more like Christ when it comes to people giving me their advice or opinions to be able to just not respond and remember they know nothing about me. It's time for me to humble myself and live in the confidence that God is my father and nothing else matters in this life. Thanks to all of you who are in my life that REALLY know my heart and continue to give me that encouragment I need daily...you are the reason why I will still update on major issues but taking a break from everyday life....I may just go back to good ol' e-mail for those who want to continue to get frequent updates on Autumn....most of you though can just call and ask. ;) God wanted me to use this blog to show others the great accomplishments He's doing in Autumn's life but Satan is trying to use it for his gain instead. I'm not ready to deal with Satan's battle at this time and need to just take this time to reflect on my own relationship with God and grow more before being ready to deal with what Satan's been throwing at me this past month.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

You don't know me but I have been following your blog for a while! I am sorry for all of the negativity you have received...I think you are a wonderful mother and a very strong woman! I cannot even imagine being in your position...Autumn is precious and I pray for her daily, and for your family as well! May God continue to bless you guys!
Amanda Meier

matt said...

Lacy,

I think you have have been doing an awesome job and I totally appreciate being able to follow along with Autumn's continued progress!

It is hard when you are already worn out and raw to have someone say something negative. I had people on my blog commenting that I needed to save money for a wheelchair because it was all my fault that my daughter was born paralized from the waist down - blah blah blah. (All bravely submitted "anonomously" of course!).

There are people out there who have so little compassion and empathy that they are only left with a judgemental attitude. Don't let them get you down.

Hang in there and keep up the good fight!

Love to your family.

-Matt

Mikala said...

Lacy! Who are they? I'm angry just knowing someone would have anything negative to say. I understand your decision and I hope I will be on the distribution list for your emails!

Leigh and Andy said...

Oh Lacy, I'm so sorry. I don't often comment but I read everyday. I love reading about Autumn and your family. You are such a great mom! Hang in there, don't let these people drag you down.

hugs to you...

Haley said...

Lacy,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with certain people. You already have so much to deal with that I can't imagine adding drama on top of that. :( Autumn is so precious and I enjoy checking on your blog every few days to see what ya'll are up to and to see her progress. (Not to mention I love when you talk about working with the speech therapist, since that is what I'm going to school for. I just pray that one day I can help a wonderful family like you guys!!)

P.S.
I'm sorry to ramble but I just wanted to let you know that I miss you and I'm praying for you!!!! :)


Haley Sparks

Lacy said...

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. God used each of you to remind me that He's still there cheering me on when I feel defeated by others. It's good to know all of you have been thinking about us and praying for us and understand what I'm feeling.