Sunday, October 18, 2009

Vent free...for a little while!!!

Autumn was playing in her entertainer seat today and her vent kept popping off everytime she would turn a little. So, I decided to just take her off her vent just to see what she would do. She did great!!! She desatted to 85 about 3 times but came right back up on her own. After 22 minutes she went down to 80 so I put her back on the vent. She did start sounding like a trach baby though while off the vent. ;) By that I mean junky sounding...I did not realize how much the vent keeps them from sounding junky. I even suctioned her while off the vent and she did not even desat...she usually does when she's suctioned. I figured she would do pretty good because since having her new pulse ox we've learned how sensitive it really is and that somedays when she desatting a lot we just readjust her probe and she stops. I wonder how many desats are true desats? She rarely has desats where she turns grayish blue anymore so I think she's getting better and most of the desats we see are just misreadings from the probe. Anyways, I was so excited and I hope this is a road to weaning...we'll see. I also just have to say Autumn looks so much like Madison did as a baby in this picture.


No comments: