Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Today

So, I called Autumn SB dr. about the seizure...he suggested we get a shunt series done (x-rays of her shunt) and make sure it's still connected and working fine and if it's good then he would refer us to a neurologist at Scottish Rite. I called our local pedi about the seizure and referral and of course he wanted to see Autumn in his office first. So, the nurse and I took Autumn in. Apparently, she STILL has her ear infection and it's even worse. Who knew? She has been acting fine and her desats have been better the past week. So, he prescribed us a different antibiotic and still wanted us to do a shunt series just to cover ourselves. Off to the hospital we went. Autumn did great during the x-rays (she's always a great patient). We are waiting for the results just to confirm her shunt is still working fine. The dr. said some kids with shunts could have seizures just because of the shunt being in her head can set off seizures or something...not sure about that since it's the first I've heard it. He seems to think the ear infection and pressure from it could of brought on the seizure. So, I don't know...I'll be interested to see what the SB dr. thinks about that. That's the update for now.

No comments: