Okay, so I can't stay away from blogging and sharing my great family with everyone...I'm still off FB for now though. ;) Today was an extra special day. For one since we have been married (6.5 yrs.) James has NEVER had a scheduled Thursday off but they went to a new schedule so he will be off every other Thursday now. Secondly, James and I started this tradition with the kids when Gage was a baby and I LOVE having our own family traditions now. We take the kids to the small pumpkin patch here and then clean out the pumpkins, carve them, roast the pumpkin seeds, and just soak up the family time together. Last year at this time we were in the middle of deciding about the trach for Autumn and I had gone home to spend some time with the kids and had to leave Autumn sitting in the NICU. It was great to be home again but it broke my heart to leave Autumn. I was sad that she would spend her first Halloween in the NICU alone but this year it makes me extra thankful for our family pumpkin carving tradition and seeing her sit with us to enjoy it brought so much joy to my heart.
James took Madison and Gage to the pumpkin patch alone this year...we had no nurse today so I stayed home with Autumn while they went but I made sure they took lots of pictures. Autumn is in lockdown...going nowhere expect dr. appts for the winter to hopefully keep her healthy.
I thought these pictures were a perfect fit for Gage and Madison.
Autumn happy as always...this is her little pumpkin that her BFF got her for her birthday. Just a side note...today we took Autumn to the dr. for a recheck of her ears and as soon as we walk outside to load her up she starts smiling and getting excited. She's ALWAYS bringing a smile and laugh to my face because she gets so happy over EVERYTHING. I wish I could be more like her.
I took lots of pics of before and during but since they take so long to upload you guys just get to see the after. Yes, Gage has a super supportive daddy and actually helped his son make a longhorn pumpkin...James is a A&M fan but he's WAY out numbered in this house so he did it to make his son happy.
Madison carved this by herself and did an excellent jon. It's kind of hard to see but it's a cat, jack-o-latern and spider.
I wonder at times why God wants to bless me so much with my three wonderful kids...what have I done to deserve them? and the patient and supportive husband? Last year was a VERY difficult time but it just made me more appreciative of what this holiday season will be like. Celebrating with my entire family just brings me a feeling of completeness, joy, and comfort.
BTW, Autumn's ears looked great and no more infection. We are still waiting for the RSV shots to come in...insurance and Medicaid has been turning everyone down this year and our dr. said they only got approval for 2 kids this year and we were one of them. Wow, thank you Lord!
BTW, Autumn's ears looked great and no more infection. We are still waiting for the RSV shots to come in...insurance and Medicaid has been turning everyone down this year and our dr. said they only got approval for 2 kids this year and we were one of them. Wow, thank you Lord!
1 comment:
I love the pics! I love reading your blog but sometimes by the end I feel like a terrible parent. LOL... Kiahna has never been to a pumpkin patch. :( I'm almost embarrassed to say that.
Post a Comment