Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Our 12 hour day

Yesterday morning we left the house at 9:00am to go to Autumn's renal ultrasound and urology clinic. Autumn's ultrasound was at 10:00am and we were done by about 10:15am. We then got to wait around for her next appts. at Scottish Rite which was at 12:15pm. Thank goodness our friends Brooke and Maggee were there to help make the time go by faster. We also got asked to be filmed by Scottish Rite of us sitting in the floor playing together for one of their promotional videos. After playing for about an hour we had lunch in their cafeteria. Autumn kept beeping and beeping and we could not figure out why...finally daddy re-adjusted the pulse ox probe and that solved all the problems. I guess daddy can fix a few things...lol. We then check-in and waited for our 12:15 appt. We waited for 2 hours to get in the room but in the meantime we met 3 other SB families...one of which was from Odessa. One mom had a SB kid on a trach which is rare to find and we learned they live not far from Rowlett so we got her number for when we move here we can have another contact. The woman from Odessa had an older son and confirmed to us that even as the kids get older and where we live there is just not drs. or resources for them so moving would be a great thing for us. I was relieved how well Autumn's appt. went. The dr. is not convinced Autumn's 2 UTI's were actual UTI's. They called Children's and learned they only did a urinalysis and not a culture and the urinalysis numbers were so low they do not think she needed antibiotics and it was not an infection. They are checking with Midland ER to see what they actually did and see if it was really a UTI or another infection going on...like respiratory. So, they are NOT starting her on daily antibiotics right now and no cathing needed either. Whoo Hoo!!! We will go back in 6 months but in the meantime anytime she has a fever over 101 we are to have our dr. always do a urine culture just to confirm if she's really having UTI's or not. After our appts. we went over to Brooke and Matt's house to hang out for the afternoon and have dinner. Brooke took me on my first trip to Central Market and had me sampling all kinds of new things...there was even some fish I really liked. For those who do not know me, I am a picky eater who hates to try new foods and I like simple, boxed dinners. ;) So, for dinner they made us steak (with this new marinade we tried), mac and cheese (not the box kind), squash with brown sugar and caramel, baked potatoes (she taught me a new way to cook them), and brownies with caramel which I helped to bake since the brownies were from a box. It was all yummy but I still was not sure about the squash...I think I have an issue with textures like Gage and Autumn....lol. Oh, and I forgot about the Wild about Harry's sorbet (is that what it's called) I'm so clueless about food stuff. Anyways, we had a great time just hanging out relaxing. I had to get one more picture of one of Brooke's sons, Bradley doing CPT on Autumn. He saw James doing it and knows Autumn likes it. Her other son, Anderson posed for the picture as well. Next time we get together maybe Gage and Madison will be with us to meet their kids as well...I think Gage would have a blast with her 3 boys...the 2 oldest are talkers just like Gage.
So, we got home a little after 9:30pm so it made for a long day out but it was a relaxing and non-stressful one.

1 comment:

Mikala said...

Yea! I'm so glad you're having such a nice visit. I'm sure all of your new friends are wonderful and I'm glad you're that much closer to moving here! :)