Monday, October 5, 2009

Going to Dallas

Thought I would let you all in on seeing how I pack for our fabulous Dallas trips each month (or every 2 weeks). This is our large suitcase with some of Autumn's supplies.
I also had a picture of her smaller suitcase which has her outfits, bottles, and meds but I accidently deleted it and do not feel like uploading it again.
Here's my pile on the couch of things that do not fit in the suitcase to be packed up.

Our luggage and oxygen concentrator all ready to go
Duffle bag that I have to pack up last...it has equpiment and plug-ins she needs for her equipment.
Here's the car all packed and ready to go. It takes up the entire 3rd row of our minivan.And of course Daddy and Autumn ready for the LONG drive.
Our home away from home...I think I've lived here more than my own house this past year. My FAVORITE niece Haley always gives up her room for us while we are here.

The trip this time took us 7.5 hours instead of the normal 6 hours. I was nauseated, shaky, and jittery for the first half of the trip so we had to keep making stops for me to get out of the car. I think it was the caffeine in the medicine I took this morning in combination with my motion sickness even though I was the one driving. I guess it's God's way of proving to me that I absolutely HATE this drive and that it's really His plan for us to move here...lol. Anyways, this week plans are....Tuesday Autumn has a renal ultrasound and then urology clinic...praying they just put her on antibiotics and that we do not have to start cathing her. We are then having dinner with friends (their daughter is the one with SB as well). Wednesday we are going to drive around Rowlett and scout it out to make sure that is where we want to move to...James may talk with the PD there and Rockwall. Thursday we plan to hang out at my brother's house and relax...we may have to take a trip to the mall though because I hear they have a bullmastiff puppy at the petstore that I MUST get my hands on..hope it's WAY overpriced so I won't be tempted to take it home. Friday Autumn has an eye appt. that morning and then back on the road again...praying that if she needs correction to her right eye that glasses will be the answer and not surgery. I will be updating all week so keep checking back.







2 comments:

Niff and Andy said...

Please tell me you're joking about the concentrator! Someone's going to throw out their back because of that thing. Call your DME and see if they have an office close-ish to where you stay. Chances are they can drop off a spare concentrator and some E tanks so you don't have to lug a lot with you. Our DME did this for us when we traveled to the mountains. They dropped it off at the hotel before we even arrived, and they picked it up after we left.

I hope you have a great trip!

Lacy said...

Our DME sucks and I wouldn't trust them even if they said they could. You think the concentrator is heavy...her stroller is a lot heavier than that thing and we have to unload and load it everywhere we go.