Yesterday we decorated for Christmas and put up our tree but the best part of it all was this:
My aunt Trudee surprised me by bringing me an apple pie she made for me. I LOVE LOVE LOVE her apple pies..they are the best! I had to hurry and take a picture of it and then gobbled down 3 slices...yes, 3 slices in one afternoon. Yummy! It was special to me that she came to visit and got to hold and love on Autumn for awhile. Thanks so much Aunt Trudee!!!
Here's some pictures of our tree decorating. This is Autumn putting up her baby's 1st Christmas ornament since she was not home to do it last year.

Our end picture...Madison though was having attitude so she got sent to her room but I still managed to get one of Gage and Autumn with the tree...I forgot to put the tree skirt on before the picture.

Here's OUR angel putting the angel on the tree.

This thanksgiving my parents came to my house for Thanksgiving since Autumn is still on lockdown(we will make an exception for Christmas Eve though). I cooked most of the Thanksgiving meal...mom cooked some as well. It was my first year to be in charge of the majority. I managed though to get all of Autumn's morning routine done, get myself and Gage ready, clean the livingroom and kitchen, and get everything cooked by 11:30am. I did however forget to bake the pumpkin pie so that got done a little later. ;) I hope our new house has a bigger kitchen so next year I will have more room to cook and have everyone over.
It was so special to have Autumn sitting at the table with us this year...she LOVED the black eyed-peas my mom brought. She ate it more than her beloved mac and cheese. It was so hard last year with us not being all together and I'm so thankful to have all my kids home to celebrate with. Now we are just relaxing and watching football...Gage is all ready for the Longhorn vs. Aggies game. Daddy is WAY out numbered here. What a great Thanksgiving Day with food and family.

Our end picture...Madison though was having attitude so she got sent to her room but I still managed to get one of Gage and Autumn with the tree...I forgot to put the tree skirt on before the picture.
Here's OUR angel putting the angel on the tree.
This thanksgiving my parents came to my house for Thanksgiving since Autumn is still on lockdown(we will make an exception for Christmas Eve though). I cooked most of the Thanksgiving meal...mom cooked some as well. It was my first year to be in charge of the majority. I managed though to get all of Autumn's morning routine done, get myself and Gage ready, clean the livingroom and kitchen, and get everything cooked by 11:30am. I did however forget to bake the pumpkin pie so that got done a little later. ;) I hope our new house has a bigger kitchen so next year I will have more room to cook and have everyone over.
It was so special to have Autumn sitting at the table with us this year...she LOVED the black eyed-peas my mom brought. She ate it more than her beloved mac and cheese. It was so hard last year with us not being all together and I'm so thankful to have all my kids home to celebrate with. Now we are just relaxing and watching football...Gage is all ready for the Longhorn vs. Aggies game. Daddy is WAY out numbered here. What a great Thanksgiving Day with food and family.
1 comment:
How exciting! I'm so happy for you and your family. This is exactly what Thanksgiving is all about!
Post a Comment