Wow, life with a trach minus a vent is so much better. Autumn has finished her first week of the 30 mins twice a day and tomorrow we will start 1 hour twice a day. It's just so nice when we move her into the livingroom to be able to take her off the vent and then bring in her vent and supplies. Today Autumn even hung out with her big sister in Madison's room. I know Madison was thrilled to finally get to hold AND walk with her sister for the first time. Gage wanted me to go outside to watch him climb a tree and I told him I couldn't (like always) because I had to watch Autumn (forgetting she was not attached to a machine). So, Autumn and I were able to walk outside and watch her big brother climb a tree. I love this new freedom in our house. Now though everytime we hook her back to the vent she immediately pulls it off....she's trying to tell us she does not need it anymore. She's figured how to wake me up in the mornings as well...she just pulls her vent off so it will alarm and wake me up. Not fun for me because I can't just ignore her and sleep a little longer. She's still been doing great at night so we will see how well she does this next week.
Today I found out Autumn's medicaid did not get switched over from SSI to MDCP so now we are without Medicaid until they get the correct forms they need. We already know she will be approved again but it's the waiting for it to get re-activated that has me a little stressed. Thank goodness we still have insurance to cover 90 hours of nursing a week and our equipment. We are concerned we may have to re-schedule her eye surgery but praying that is not the case. I'm a little frustrated though that they did not get the forms filled out a month ago when I called to tell them she would be losing SSI..oh well...God is still taking care of us. ;)
We've also been having problems with Gage. He's been testing his limits and getting a little rebellious. So, today he got a spanking and grounded from just about everything he loves to do. He told me he thinks it's fun to get into trouble so I made sure I changed his thoughts about that. He now does not think spankings are fun anymore. ;) My sweet baby boy who never did wrong has changed into this child who talks back, argues, doesn't listen, and whose WAY too competitive for his own good. So, our new challenge is trying to nip this before it gets worse. Just when Madison starts getting out of the phase and doing MUCH better---I have another one starting it. At least I have some experience now and by the time Autumn gets there I will be a pro.
We are still trying to get home improvement projects done and still have so much to do and only 1 month left...so I've been really overwhelmed and exhausted lately but I'm still hanging in there and I know there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.
2 comments:
Sooooo glad to hear that Autumn is doing so well without the vent. I bet she is loving the freedom too!
We will continue to pray!
Reading this post warms my heart and puts such a smile on my face. I love that you have a new found freedom in your home. I pray that Autumn continues to do so well off of the vent and that this new freedom can follow you all outside! :)
Post a Comment