Today Madison and I got to have mother/daughter time alone. I took her to see the Michael Jackson-This Is It movie. We both really enjoyed it since I've been a MJ fan since I was little and now Madison has become a fan recently. We then went to dinner at Chili's. I liked just being able to talk to Madison without interruption from Gage or beeping from Autumn. We talked about my high school days and some about how I met her daddy. She loves hearing stories about her daddy and I since she was so young when we divorced and does not remember us ever being together. I always thought that would be a good thing for her but she sometimes has a hard time with us not being together because she sees how well we get along now and wonders why are could not "make it work". We make better friends than spouses is what I say to her. ;)
Brag time: Madison was selected by her fine arts teacher to be apart of the All City Elementary choir. They choose 12 5th & 6th graders from each campus and Madison was one of the few selected. She LOVES to sing but will rarely do it in front of people so I'm glad she's getting more brave and has found something she likes and is good at. I would say she gets it from both her daddy and I but that's not true. Yes, I was in choir for 4 years but I do not have a great singing voice...I'm not sure if you could even call it good...just okay. Her daddy though has a beautiful voice so that is where I have to admit she gets it from. I love men who can sing and was lucky enough to have married 2..James sings great as well. So, she will be able to perform in a concert in January and is so looking forward to it. Her school also does a veteran's program each year and this year she will get to be on stage and dance to a song from Footloose. I guess she's like her mom and dad in the non-athletic department and will stick to the fine arts department. ;)
1 comment:
Awesome! Go Madison!
Post a Comment