Tuesday, January 13, 2009

AGGREVATION!!!

Yesterday turned into a very frustrating day. We first found out that our DME company dropped us because they only have one part time RT and can not handle another vent case. They knew what needs we had 3 weeks ago so I am not sure why they even told us they would take us in the first place. So, I called Alliance to see if they could help us out and so now they are working on getting everything ordered, insurance approved, and delivery. A couple of hours later I learned that our nursing company was going to drop us as well. Apparently the main night nurse backed out yesterday and so they do not have enough nurses to staff us. I called the company to see how many hours they could do because I am ready to fight with the doctors to send us home on 12 hours instead of 24 hours of nursing care. I called Alliance back to see if they could help us with nursing so they are checking on it today. So, here we go starting all over again. I am now to my breaking point. I am getting home next week no matter what it takes!!!! I am more than capapble to taking care of my daughter myself. We do everything anyways at the hospital. I just need a nurse at home long enough to sleep and I will be good for the day. My mom is now a full-time grandma and is willing to help in any way she can. I am so ready to get home because Madison and Gage NEED me home. I know it will be hard but Autumn is now my full-time job and I am willing to do whatever is needed to get her home and us back to a normal routine. So, we are about to head back to Baylor this afternoon and we are going to figure out what needs to be done to get home ASAP. Insurance is still trying to approve things but my thoughts are I don't care how much money it takes out of our pockets we are getting her home with what we need whether insurance wants to pay for it or not. We have been here too long and it is time to come home!!!

1 comment:

BethanyM said...

Oh, Lacy...I'm so sorry to hear you have hit more obstacles. I completely agree that you just NEED so desperately to be at home and to be together. Will keep praying.