It's really true--Autumn is home!!! It finally seems real and so far the transition has been smooth. She got home around 2:00pm yesterday and it was me, my mom, Madison, and Gage here to greet her. The ambulance drivers brought her in and James and I got her all set up, plugged in, and comfortable in her own bed. :) I say she looks much cuter in her own room. They left then about 30 minutes later the home equipment lady came and dropped off the rest of the supplies and we did paperwork and then she left when the nursing lady got here. We had about 3 hours of paperwork with her. We met 2 of our nurses yesterday. One came for about 3 hours and then the other one came from 6:30pm-6:30am. I really think we will like our nurses. The guy nurse we had last night asked lots of questions on how we like to do things so he could do it like we wanted.
Autumn did great on her trip here, she needed no oxygen. She only used oxygen for about 1 hour last night while sleeping--YEA!!! We really have not had any just family time yet but I know that will come soon. We had just a couple of visitors yesterday and I know we will have a little more today. As each day goes by I will not mind more and more people coming over to see her so visitors can just call and see when a good time will be to stop by.
It is 6:45am and I am just sitting here in my quiet house while my kids sleep--feels great! I am really suprised on how laid back I am about Autumn being home--I am not nervous at all-I guess all the time and teaching at the hospital really prepared me. Later today I hope to get a chance to post some pictures of Autumn coming home but no promises. :) Our nurse will be back at 3:00pm today. It is kind of weird having someone in our house but I think I will get use to it soon enough. I think it will be a big relief to know I can have dinner and not have to constantly get up to check on Autumn and I can have time each evening to relax with the kids. We should have nurses daily from like 6-6 or 7-7 and at least once a week we will have a shift for 3pm-7am care. I will also get my alone time all day with her which is something I need. :) Well, I better start organizing the room and getting ready for my LONG day.
No comments:
Post a Comment