Our DME company called today and said that they had to send the vent off to get serviced and so they will probably not get it in Midland until Tuesday which would mean we would not get the vent in Dallas until Wednesday which would then mean we could not go home on Thursday. I was so upset that I just had to give James the phone so I could just sob. I know they are trying everything to get it to us ASAP but telling me that I will have to be in the hospital 5 more days makes me want to scream, cry, and go to extreme measures to get home. I'm just spent at this point. Anyways, after getting it all out we got a call back an hour later from our DME company again. They said the vent is being serviced in Burleson and they will try EVERYTHING to get it to us on Monday. Our pulse ox and suction machine is still in Midland though but they said mom could probably pick it up on Monday morning and meet us in Abilene to get it here ASAP as well. There is still the issue of insurance approving the plane ride home but I am to the point that I don't care how much I have to pay I am getting her home. So, we may still be on track to leave on Thursday or maybe Friday if we beg the doctors to release us and if they will not release on Friday if the equipment comes late then we are stuck until Tuesday. So, I will let you know when we are coming home when we are actually walking through our door since for some reason it seeems impossible to get our baby home.
I did have a good birthday even though I did not get to see my kids and had bad news. People sent cards and gifts here and my cousin Steph made me a 30th birthday video. She went down memory lane of my last 30 years and video taped my family and friends saying a birthday message to me. It was great to see some family that I have not seen for months and even better to get to see the kids telling me happy birthday. Gage wished me a happy 24th birthday so that made me feel young and Madison and Jordyn danced for me. Thank you to everyone who left me a message on the video--it made my day brighter. Autumn also gave me a birthday smile this morning when I started talking to her so that was also one of my best gifts.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday! I was so sorry to read that you are having more obstacles to getting home. I wish I had something inspiring to say, but anything I think of sounds insincere. I will pray for God's peace, comfort and patience for you.
Happy Birthday!
I am so sorry you are going through this. I will continue to pray that you will all be home as soon as possible.
Post a Comment