Today was our appt. with Dr. Johnson the ENT who did Autumn's tracheostomy. So, we got there about an hour early and actually got back in the room 10 minutes before our appointment. :) Anyways, another doctor came in and asked how the trach has been doing. She looked at the trach site, said it looked good and said she would see if Dr. Johnson wants to do a scope down her trach to look at it. Anyways, she came back a little while later and said that he said there was no need to do a scope and we would need to come back in 6 months. Appointment over. I asked James if he was glad he missed another day of work and drove 6 hours to hear that. :) At least we had another appt. this week so it really was not a HUGE waste of time. I'm glad though we will have one less dr. to see for the next 6 months. I think Autumn is up to having 8 different doctors now that see has to see regularly. Yuck!
I talked the Dr. Adams nurse yesterday about Autumn's desats and about maybe seeing a neurologist to see if she is having sub-clinical seizures. The nurse said it also could be related from her acid reflux and not seizures. Anyways, she was going to talk to Dr. Adams and see what he thinks and call us back sometime. In the meantime she wants me to start charting down all the desats Autumn has and what she was doing and her position. So, today she has had a total of 5 desats (the ones where she turns grayish). Three of them were after a bottle, one she was being held but was crying, and the other she was just fine laying in her bed. So, it may have something to do with the reflux since most were after a bottle. I will continue to chart though to see if a pattern of some kind starts.
I'm also emotionally having a hard time lately. I just have about 50 different feelings going through my head and just getting weary. Well, I am exhausted since I did not get my nap today. We are ready to get home and have our nurse there to take care of Autumn tomorrow night. :) I also miss Madison and Gage.
No comments:
Post a Comment