Thursday, February 26, 2009

Autumn's progress

Autumn is getting a little stronger each day. She now smiles so big and I'm sure she's probably laughing when we talk to her and shake her arms to "get her". I will post a video of it when I figure out how to. :) She enjoys us playing with her and now she actually smiles when I kiss all over her and it use to just make her mad. She's still having a hard time holding up her head on her own but I can tell she's getting better at it each day. She also has decided she likes cereal with applesauce taking it by mouth with a spoon. She gets really bored just laying in her bed so today I brought her into the living room to hang out. She watched her video for over an hour even without her paci. She loves the TV. She's going to be like her older sister and love watching TV and eating. :) It's nice to finally see her personality forming. It's also bittersweet though for me because I love seeing her smile but it gets harder and harder for me everyday not being able to hear her coo or laugh. I'm fine with not hearing her cry ;) but I would like to hear her make those sweet baby noises when babies suck on their bottles. Also knowing she's my last makes it a little harder for me. She also has only had 1 bad desat since Saturday and that was while being burped so I think the desats are caused by acid reflux. We are also taking 02 off during the night and some nights she does pretty well and other nights she wants a little o2. I'm so proud of her and I can't believe she's already 5 months old!!!

2 comments:

Patty said...

Ahhhhhhh She is so precious! It kills me too not to get to see her more often. My last grandbaby and I want to be there every week to see her progress. She is doing so much more than when we were there just a couple of weeks ago! Sweet Baby. Give her kisses from Nanny!
Love You All Soooooo Much!
Nanny

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

So precious!

I am so glad to hear that Autumn is doing so well!

Not to mention that it sounds like you are doing awesome juggling all that you do each day! You are a great mom !