Sunday, March 1, 2009

Quiet Sunday

This weekend Madison and Gage went out of town with my parents to my nephews 3rd birthday party. James was off so we spent the weekend together which was nice. Friday night we had date night, Saturday evening we took Autumn to my cousin's b-day party, and today was church and then hanging around the house. I got a few things done while the kids were gone but I mostly relaxed and spent some quality time with Autumn. When are nurses get here I usually don't mess with her so it was nice to have some extra time with just her and I and not being distracted by taking care of the other 2 kids or cleaning house.

Autumn has discovered how to find just her thumb to suck on instead of her whole fist. She looks so sweet sucking on her little thumb. She's been doing lgood ately so nothing new to report there which is great.

I on the other hand have been struggling with prayer lately--I can't really explain all my thoughts but I know this is something God wants me to grow in--I'm not the best about taking the time to REALLY pray or not believing my prayers will really change anything--I KNOW God answers all prayers if we ask but I sometimes have problems with asking. I know it sounds weird and prayer was never an issue until lately with everything happening with Autumn. I want His will to be done but I guess I get scared to ask since I know His will is probably not the same as mine and then I will have to face how He wants to answer my prayers and I will have to learn a great big lesson. *sigh* I'm stubborn if you can't tell and I hate change. Anyways, I've finally decided to surrender and I will be starting the Disciples Prayer Life workbook in the morning to see what it is that God wants to teach me now. ;)

2 comments:

Niff and Andy said...

I'm glad you were to able to have time for just you and your husband. I think with everything going on, you really needed it. I'm also glad you got to spend quality time with Autumn without having to worry about the other kids.

I hope your workbook leads you to the answers you need. :o) Hang in there - you're doing great!

The Durham's said...

You are too precious! I check in on you guys often, I just don't always comment:) I will be praying for fresh revelation and annointing with your new study:) What a wonderful mother you are...devoted to the Lord, passing on His wisdom to future generations! Bless your sweet family!