Friday, March 27, 2009

Playtime

Every Thursday Gabe and Lily come over to play with Gage and Autumn. Here are a few pictures of the girls playing together on the floor.
They kept holding hands and it was so cute


Lily now has 2 teeth and thought it would be a good idea to chew on Autumn's hands.


I love our Thursday playdays because the kids get to have fun with each other while Sarah and I get to have adult conversation. :)
Autumn update: Autumn is learning more and more each day. Now she grasps toys really well and I think she may end up being a (like daddy and nana) since she does so much better holding toys in her left hand. Her head control is getting stronger and she can actually hold it up herself for several seconds. She started eating fruits this week and just loves them. Next week she has a busy schedule of physical and occupational therapy and her 6th month check up. I finally got the neurosurgeon's office to call me back and scheduled a follow-up appt. to check to make sure her shunt is still doing good in May. Next month we will be going to Dallas for vent clinic and I am hoping they will change some her of setting on her vent. She is maintaining a breath rate of 20 all day and night with stats staying between 95-100 (even when asleep). Some nights she will require a couple of hours of oxygen but during the day she rarely ever has oxygen. I can see BIG improvements so keep those prayer coming and hopefully it will be sooner than 4-5 years before she is off the vent and trach. I'm always hopeful!




2 comments:

Niff and Andy said...

Oh my goodness those pictures are too frickin' cute!!! Autumn doesn't have a care in the world. It is so beautiful to see two children, one "normal" and one special needs, playing with eachother and not even noticing their differences. I hope they become BFF's and stay that way well into their teens. :o)

You know, they say kiddos make more progress at home than they do in the hospital. So perhaps Autumn being home has really made an improvement and has helped her flourish. I really hope she loses the vent sooner than anticipated. I'll keep my fingers crossed and continue to send positive vibes your way. :o)

Patty said...

Oh Lacy! Those are the sweetest pictures I've ever seen. It's wonderful that Autumn has Lily for a friend and they probably will be for years and years. Those just got my heart! Shirley will be so thrilled if she is a lefty because JJ has been the only one other than her in the family until now. I'm so glad she is doing good with the oxygen. We will all continue to pray for her to be healed and be able to breath without it! Love You and think about you 100's of times a day!