Thursday, March 26, 2009

Results

I finally remembered to call the doctor today to see what the results of Autumn's blood work she had done a couple of weeks ago. They said everything was fine and she is NOT hypoglycemic. Her blood sugar was a little low but nothing that is alarming and would cause the desats. So, I guess it was just from such a busy day of dr. appts. and having such a crappy pulse ox machine that kept dying on us that day.

We are still waiting for insurance to approve stroller, pulse ox, and backpack for our vent. I looked it up yesterday and can you believe the backpacks are $1,200 with a battery. Crazy! Hopefully we will get approved soon.

2 comments:

Niff and Andy said...

I'm glad there's one less medical condition to worry about. :o)

We want the backpack too, but were told it may not be covered since it's an "accessory". I hope you get it!

Btw, why do they have to re-approve a pulse ox if yours doesn't function properly?

Niff and Andy said...

Bugger about the pulse ox. Do you have any other pediatric DME companies that could cover the pulse ox by itself? Or you could switch companies if it wasn't approved.