Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Life's back to boring

Since we are home now there really isn't anything new or exciting that goes on anymore. Just the daily duties of life. :) I am so bad because the batteries have gone out in my camera but I am too lazy to take the time to change them out to take new pictures of Autumn. So, she probably won't have any picture of her being 5 months old. So sad! Autumn's new things this week is that she is starting to reach for toys. She gets more excited to see toys and wants to grab on. I have also started her on veggies this week and so far she loves Sweet Potatoes. I am hoping that if her suck-swallow study goes well that I can show them she's eating veggies so that they will take her g-button out. We never use it and it just gets in the way. I took Autumn outside to sit this morning. I just took her and the vent without the O2 or pulse ox. She did great and she would juse close her eyes when the wind would hit her face. I think it is the first time she has ever felt the wind. I could tell her eyes are not use to the sun and she kept squinting. She liked it and I can't wait for her stroller to get here so we can walk to school to pick up Madison. :) So, that's all that's been going on here--I'm sure I will have lots more to update next week when she has all of her dr. appts. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Niff and Andy said...

Awww. Don't you wish you could catch all those extra special "first time" moments on video and just watch them over and over again? What stroller did you end up getting? We have to Kolcraft Contours and love it, although we haven't actually gotten to use it just yet. :o)

HollyAnn said...

That is so sweet! I love the wind in her face story! Can't believe you are home....I need to get over there to meet your precious little girl!

Niff and Andy said...

That stroller sounds awesome. Make sure you post a pic. :o)

Thanks for the info on the sleaved caths. I'll have to ask for those when we get closer to discharge.