Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Break Week

It was a nice Spring Break week for us even if we could not go on vacation.
Monday: We took the kids (Madison & Gage) to the library, out to dinner, to the bookstore to buy sign language books/videos, and then to play at the park. I did not even think to take my camera so no pictures of the fun day. We are learning sign language so that we can communicate with Autumn one day. Madison is picking it up really quickly and loves using it. Our speech therapist even came on Tuesday to work on Autumn's feedings and did a sign language class with Madison and Gage. She said she will start coming after school so she can continue to teach us some signs. We are having a fun time learning. Later that day my uncle and 2nd cousin came by to visit for a short time and then my great friend Tiffany, her mom, and 2 daughters came over. I have not seen Tiff in over a year. We have that type of friendship that we can go years without talking but pick up again like we never missed a day. I've known her since jr. high and it is great to see her as a mommy with such beautiful girls. The above picture is of her daughter Piper who just wanted to get her hands on Autumn so bad. Below is a picture of her oldest daughter Phoebe and Gage. They were so cute together and hit it off as friends immediately. They even came over on Wedneday as well because Phoebe had so much fun the day before. She is only 3 and the smallest in her class so that shows you just HOW small Gage really is.
On Wednesday, Madison and I went shopping for both of us some new clothes. It is amazing how quickly shopping can get you motivated to lose weight. I went up ANOTHER size so I am the biggest I have ever been so it is time to get serious and lose this weight! Madison graduated from the kids section into juniors. She is growing into this young lady and it is freaking me out. I don't want her to grow up. I wish she would of stayed 9 just a little longer but I guess there is no stopping it. She is also in a size 11 woman's shoe--I'm in a 7 so that tells you how much taller than me she will be (not like it is hard to pass 5'1) It was a great bonding time for both of us. Me being gone for half of her 4th grade year made me miss out on alot of her maturing and changing so it is nice getting to know the young lady she is becoming. After shopping our friends Sarah, Bill, Gabe, and Lily came over for dinner and then Sarah and I were off for a much needed pedicure. We took a picture of the boys bonding together with their daughters. It was a sweet site.
Autumn liked when Lily got in the bed with her. She just kept smiling at Lily. I think she likes hearing Lily babble to her and wishes she could join in. We also got a picture of Sarah and I with the girls. I wish we had one of us when we were pregnant to post as well. The girls were both due on October 11th but ended up being 3 weeks apart. Sept 22 (Autumn) and Oct. 14 (Lily).






I think I will really enjoy this summer with the kids being home. Usually I dread the complaining and boredom from them but Madison has been such a BIG help to me this week. She likes to help get Autumn ready in the morning and when I am trying to get things done around the house she will sit and play with Autumn. I actually got the entire house clean by Tuesday and usually it takes me more than a week just to get each room clean. I can't wait also for Autumn's stroller to come in so the kids and I can go walking in the mornings. Madison is now off in San Antonio with her daddy, James is back at work so the rest of the week will just be me, Gage, and Autumn hanging out and playing. It should be a relaxing weekend of play and I'm so looking forward to no plans. :) The last picture is of the girls having a mid-morning nap together on the floor.





1 comment:

Niff and Andy said...

I absolutely love the picture of Lily and Autumn in bed together. :o) Autumn looked like she was pretty excited!