I just finished my first week of the prayer devotional. So, I went into it wondering if I just was not hearing God right and trying to figure out how to pray more effectively. I am learning a lot in just the first week. I guess my frustrations were that I KNOW God is going to heal Autumn's brainstem and I KNOW all He has to do is speak the words and it's done and I KNOW that by Him healing Autumn His glory would be shown to so many but still struggling to find out WHY he wants to wait because I think I have endured long enough. :) So, this week He has been speaking to me about all the small blessing in my life. I know they are there but to really think about each and every one of them it reminds me that He does hear me and He is answering my prayers each and everyday even if it's not the BIG prayer He is answering just yet.
So, here's to counting my blessings one by one:
1)Autumn is here with us at home today even though a machine is helping her to breathe, she's breathing and thriving.
2)Autumn has never been "sick" She did get a small infection right after her trach was placed but it lasted 10 days and cleared up. There are 2 other NICU moms I still stay in touch with who were released home just before we were and today they are both back in the hospital with their babies from illness. One with the flu and the other pnemonia (sp) and Autumn has never even had a stuffy nose.
3) Even thought the doctors said she would not be able to nipple feed for months--she is taking 5 ounces of bottles every 4 hours and is even being spoon fed. BTW, she likes green beans as well.
4) There is a recession going on but we are not seeing ANY effects from it. James is working, there is money in the bank, and a cushion in savings for all of Autumn's medical expenses--not to mention we have Medicaid now.
5) We went from struggling to find a nursing company and not enough nurses to cover the hours we need to having nurses fight over wanting more hours and taking care of Autumn. We have nurses scheduled all the way to May already!
6) God has brought so many wonderful strangers into our lives and have made them friends and they are from all across the USA. He has given us a support system with other parents going through similar situations to remind us we are not alone.
7) He has FOREVER changed our family. We love more, don't take our time with each other for granted, and we value the little things in life that use to frustrate us and have learned to be thankful for those things like your child's crying voice, and my kids are learning about compassion for those that were born as "special needs".
8) Has personally shown me that He loves me so much that He chose me to go on this wild and crazy journey so that I can become more like Him each day and understand Him more and more.
9) He faithfully keeps James safe at work every night and brings Him home to us each morning and that He continues to keep Madison and Gage healthy.
I could go on and on but you get the point. One day I KNOW God will heal Autumn and she will not need the vent or trach but until that day comes--he will continue to faithfully answer all my "small" prayers and bless us because He takes care of His children.
No comments:
Post a Comment