Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's gonna be a long day

I think Gage may have the stomach bug. He woke up wanting to be held and saying his tummy hurts. I figured it was because he did not eat dinner last night since he never likes what I make. So, he wanted some chocolate milk--I know the worse to give with a stomach virus but like I said I thought it was just because his tummy was empty. Anyways, I was giving Autumn her bath and afterwards checked in on Gage. He was sitting in the ottoman with chocolate milk spilt all down his leg and all over the chair. He was just holding the cup and in a daze. So, I got him cleaned up and moved him to the couch to clean the chair. He said he was feeling a little better and wanted a pop tart. Anyways, the poptart just sat there and he doze back off to sleep. When he woke up he wanted me to just hold him. I know this means he will probably throw up soon so I decided to go to the kitchen and get the baby monitor and a bowl just in case. Well, it was too late and he vomited ALL down my back and in my hair. Nasty! I finally managed to get him in the bathroom and woke James up to take care of him so I could get in the shower. What a great start to my day! Anyways, he got a bath next and now he is just sitting on the couch watching TV with his toast next to his side and untouched. I'm thankful though Autumn is sleeping through all of this--I gave her some cereal in her bottle this morning so hopefully that will keep her happy until noon. :) Now Gage is crying because the butter melt on his toast and he wants more but I said no. It is going to be a another long day of being mommy! (but I love it).

No comments: