Wednesday, February 4, 2009
No time to blog
I feel like I don't have time to do anything these days. Honestly, when the day is over I feel as though nothing really got done so I don't know what I did all day. :) This morning I started my day with feeding Autumn and having quiet time while giving her a breathing treatment. Gage then broke into my quiet time crying from a nightmare he had. So, I spent the next hour holding him because he would not let me put him down and trying to finish my bible reading and taking care of Autumn's needs. Getting the chance to cuddle Gage this morning showed me how big he is getting and made me sad that my baby boy is growing up. :( So, I took Madison to school, fed Gage and me breakfast, and started laundry. I then started my daily routine of dressing Autumn, changing out all of her daily supplies, doing trach care, and moving her into the living room for family time. I then decided she needed a new toy to play with so I started putting together this 3 in 1 activity thing we bought her for Christmas because I feel like she gets bored of just laying there starring at the ceiling. Anyways, the screws would not go in all the way so I messed with putting it together for like 30 minutes but it still needs to be tightened. I then decided I would try to start cleaning Gage's room. I wiped down the walls and got his bookself dusted and then realized all of that took me 4 hours and it was time to feed Autumn again. Fed her and ate myself, did more laundry and then got ready for the day. When James got up I was going to try to lay down for an hour but I could hear Autumn's alarms going off the whole time (James drives me crazy because it doesn't bother him to hear them so he does not silence them). So, after laying there for an hour it was time to go to the eye doctor. I realized that with age my eyesight is getting worse. I could not even read the top letters off the eye chart with my left eye. Anyways, came home and was going to wash and vacuum my car but my sweet daughter volunteered to wash it so that was one less thing for me to do. :) So, instead I am not really sure what I did--I talked with my mom and teased James that now since we have a special needs child that I can't do it all so now he has a to do list on the fridge. I asked if he got any thing done from his list while I was gone but mom informed me that he did beat the Celtics on his new X-box 360 basketball game and that was a big accomplishment. I guess the teasing made him feel guilty so he called the cable company to see how much it would be to get cable in Autumn's room for us and the nurses to watch when we are trapped in there all day. :) He could not hear anything the lady was saying since now that we have all of Autumn's machines in our house that our cordless phone is all static when we talk. So, he tried to hook up a TV in there to see if it would work through the cable line that was already in there but it did not work so he basically did not accomplish anything from his list today. Go figure. Anyways, back to what I did/didn't do. So, I fixed dinner--our neighbor came over to visit, got Autumn ready for bed, finished laundry, cleaned the dishes, watched American Idol with Madison, picked up the house, worked out for 15 mins., gave Gage a bath and got him ready for bed, and now I am in total silence blogging. So, I guess the bottom line is that even though I can't mark anything off of my to-do list I did take the time today to start the day with my Lord, take time cuddling my only son, loved and cared for my baby girl, spent time watching TV with my oldest daughter and thanking her for helping me out(she also helped make dinner), laughed with (or at) my husband, cared for the household, and gave me some "me" time so I guess I did accomplished more than I thought today and it was a good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment